Thursday, July 12, 2007

(leaving) new york

This post is made possible by Jana's laptop.

Michael and I are in Manhattan.


Last night we stayed at Jana's apartment, and I don't know what we would have done without this place; Jana (and Jared and especially Carrie) thanks a whole lot for letting us stay here.

In just a few hours, Mikey and I will be leaving the US for a while. We have a travel guidebook now, so our sense of direction will probably be a little more well-informed than it has been so far - Mom, I can't think of a better birthday present. Thanks for sending that book with Michael.

Yesterday it rained (really hard) during our (rather long) walk from the bank to the post office. It could have been really disheartening, but it was probably my favorite part of the trip so far. We bought 2 umbrellas en route, but we still got completely soaked, and we shared smiles with people who weren't too busy to make eye contact.

I'm praying for these sort of experiences throughout the trip, and I hope that you'll join me in this prayer.

Tomorrow, we'll be in Denmark.

No comments: